It’s been a rough year. Between home drama, moving in april, worrying about my husband’s health and him being in and out of the emergency room, I’m not where I had hoped to be this year. But I’ll give myself a break because I’ve worked hard and haven’t given up. Checking over my goals for last year:
– Reading goals: Read a novel eligible for the auroras and vote in them. Read a debut novel. Read an author I haven’t read before. Read another book in at least one series I started. Read a novel by an author I know in person. I think i got all of these, Samantha Beiko’s debut novel The Lake And the Library, and Chad Ginther’s sequel Tombstone Blues both count as novels by authors I know in person; an author I haven’t read before: Chris Wooding’s Retribution Falls, and another book in a series I started: Kinslayer and Endsinger by Jay Kristoff.
– The usual: Stay happily married and not die. No surprises here.
– Get my commercial pilot’s license. Did not make this one, but I have made progress, building time and passing my commercial written exam.
– Get my multi-IFR rating. Commercial license first.
– Finish Skybound. Got this one.
– Get a solid start on revising another novel. Started Earthbound, the sequel to Skybound.
So I didn’t do as bad as I thought. I haven’t flown as much because I’ve been under a lot of stress, and that’s not a good way to learn. I got some aerobatics training in, and that was fun. I needed something to challenge me.
Plus, I’ve got a short story coming out in an anthology, and the Chiseries event coming up.
Anyway, my new goals for this year:
– Stay happily married and not die.
– Do my three hundred nautical mile trip requirement for my commercial license.
– Get my commercial licence.
– Get a good ways through revisions on Skybound.
– Write a short story for that idea I came up with inspired by the documentary “Blackfish”.
– Reading: I think I want to get back to reading more female authors again. I also want to get through a bunch of novels I’ve had kicking around on my TBR list – The Name of the Wind being one major one, I need to get to, because people keep raving about it, and we have it and the second book.
It’ll be a busy year. We very well might be moving again at some point, but with Chiseries in a week, and Athena’s Daughters coming out this year, I think 2015 is getting off to a good start.